To our patients,
Thank you for sending your feedback about our recent announcement regarding the practice joining Inova VIP 360, part of Inova Health System. We wanted to send out a list of some frequently asked questions patients have had. Please let us know if you have any other questions about this exciting change.
Will the Inova Steinmetz Integrative and Functional Medicine Center:
- Change their billing practices?
- No – our billing practices and current charges as of May 9, 2016 remain in effect.
- Change to a concierge program?
- No, we have made no change in our status, and we remain an out of network practice that does not participate in any insurance plan.
- Continue to submit claims to most insurance plans as a courtesy to patients?
- Yes, we will continue to submit claims as a courtesy for most commercial medical insurance plans. Blue Cross / Blue Shield (including Anthem and Carefirst) patients will continue to pay at the time of service as the Explanation of Benefits is sent to the patient directly. Patients with other commercial insurance will be sent a statement with any balance due after the insurance has had 30 days to process the claim.
- We will continue to not submit claims to Government Employees Health Association (GEHA) and will provide GEHA patients with a billing summary that can be mailed to GEHA for claim processing. We do not submit Workers’ compensation claims or claims to car insurance companies, but will continue to provide billing summaries to patients who wish to submit their own claims. The doctors have opted out of Medicare and are not certified by the Tricare network.
- What has changed?
- The expertise of Inova physicians and administrators will help enrich your experience while in our office.
- You now have enhanced access to Inova Health System specialty services.
- What hasn’t changed?
- The benefits of receiving the highest level of integrative and functional medicine with Dr. Steinmetz and her physician colleagues.
Inova Steinmetz Integrative and Functional Medicine Center