Dr. Dorothy Polahar
Dr. Polahar holds a B.A. in German from Centre College in Danville, Kentucky. She also has a Master’s of Science from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga where she majored in Athletic Training Sports Medicine. While in medical school, Dorothy was selected for a rotation in Integrative Medicine through Dr. Weil’s program in Tucson, Arizona, and she organized a rotation to China to study Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Dr. Polahar completed her family practice residency through Maine-Dartmouth Family Practice Residency. While in residency, she completed an Integrative Medicine in Residency program through the University of Arizona’s Center for Integrative Medicine. Dr. Polahar completed an acupuncture study course with Dr. Richard Hobbs.
She enjoys being outside, hiking, biking, or just going out for a walk. In her free time she loves traveling, cooking and spending time with family.
Joined Inova Steinmetz Integrative and Functional Medicine Center: September 2015
- B.A. German, Centre College, Danville, Kentucky (2005)
- M.S. University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN (2008)
- D.O., Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine, Harrogate, TN (2012)
- Acupuncture Study Course with Dr. Richard Hobbs MD (2015)
- Maine-Dartmouth Family Practice Residency Augusta, ME (2015)
- Integrative Medicine in Residency—Program through the University of Arizona Integrative Medicine (2015)