We are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lab Collection Services are from 8:30a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Existing patients may contact us through the secure Patient Portal. If you have questions about this convenient feature or need help setting up your account, please call or e-mail us.
Steinmetz Medical Associates, P.C.
1225 Martha Custis Drive, Suite C-1
Alexandria, Virginia 22302
Phone: (703) 671-2700
Fax: (703) 671-0680
General Inquiries: email@example.com
Free parking is available on the premises.
To keep your appointment as efficient as possible, please follow these guidelines:
- Bring all of your old medical records. This should include labs, consultant reports and reports of any radiology studies.
- Do not bring actual x-ray films–only reports.
- Bring all medications, vitamins and supplements that you are currently taking in their bottles.
- Allow us enough time for your visit. You may be here for two to three hours. Please arrive at least one hour before your scheduled time. Confirm your appointment time with our Front Desk staff prior to your visit.
- Bring all your insurance information. This allows us to submit your claim so that you will be reimbursed for your visit.
We appreciate your interest in our practice and thank you for choosing Steinmetz Medical Associates. We want to make registration for your first visit to our office as simple as possible. Visit the pages below for information.
Please print and complete all of the forms included in the new patient kit before your first visit.
- New Patient Registration Form
- Family Medical History Form
- Financial Agreement Form
These documents are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read and print the documents. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat reader installed in your computer, you may download it for free by clicking here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Integrative Medicine?
- How does Steinmetz Medical use supplements and herbs, and how are they chosen?
- What is Osteopathy?
- Why should I have a family doctor?
- Why must I arrive 30 minutes to an hour prior to my scheduled appointment for my physical?
- Do I need an appointment to have lab work performed?
- Why must I have my lab work through your office?
- Does the practice offer evening and weekend hours?
- What happens if I need to speak with a physician after hours and on weekends?
- What happens if I need to be admitted to the hospital?
- Do you accept walk-in patients?
- What if my primary care physician is not available to see me the same day?
- How do I obtain copies of my medical records?
- Is parking available?
- How insurance works
- How insurance does not work
- How we work with insurance carriers
- What Insurance do you accept?
- What is the best way to contact Steinmetz billing department?
- How much will my insurance cover?
- Will my insurance cover a specific service?
- What if my insurance does not pay by 30 days?
- Do you file secondary insurance for patients?
- What if my insurance denies payment?