Family medicine is the specialty that provides continuing and comprehensive health care for each member of the family. Our team of board-certified family practice physicians have completed three years of residency training and passed a certification exam. Family practice is the only medical specialty that requires all members to be re-certified every seven years. For more information, visit www.aafp.org.
Our family care services include:
- Complete physical exams
- Chronic disease management, including diabetes, hypertension, asthma
- Well-woman care, including pap smears and treatment for menopausal symptoms
- Treatment for acute respiratory problems
- Promotion of optimal health and wellness through nutrition, exercise and appropriate lifestyle adjustments
- Pediatric care for patients over five (5) years of age
Our collaborative agreement with a select group of hospitalists—hospital-based doctors—means your medical history is available to these physicians if you are hospitalized unexpectedly (even in coronary care or intensive care units). This will help ensure your safety and continuity of care after you leave the hospital.